Empowering Individuals with Learning Differences to SucceedAcademically, and Beyond!
Executive Function Research Program
- Deepen our understanding of the assessment and treatment of executive function (EF)
- Further the underlying theory of EF in the learning differences field
- Build EF training programs for teachers and schools
- Provide parent education trainings in EF
- Train future clinicians, educational specialists, and researchers in EF
- Share our knowledge with others by creating EF conferences, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, and presenting research at learning differences conferences
Executive Function is an "umbrella term" for the multiple processes in the brain that are responsible for regulating our thoughts, emotions, and behavior. These processes include abilities such as working memory, cognitive flexibility, prioritizing, organization, planning, and self-monitoring.
Dr. Surina Basho, Director of Research in Learning Differences
If you are interested in:
Contact Dr. Basho at email@example.com
- Professional development in executive function for your school
- An executive function consult for your child
- The EF & Learning West Coast Conference (for professionals in the field of EF)
- The EF Workshop for Parents (for parents of students with EF)
- Joining the EF Research Lab at MC (undergrads, post-undergrads, masters, and doctoral students)
Morrissey-Compton Educational Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation.